Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Adventures in Kansas


Me and Pat had dentist appointments today. It ended up taking quite awhile so Pat left with the kids to go back to work. I called him when I was done to come pick me up, but he needed to stay at work for a bit. So I decided instead of waiting at the dentist, I would just walk home. About 4 blocks- I am waiting for a car before I cross the street. The man stops his truck (which is blaring music) and motions for me to walk across. I say no, no and motion for him to continue. He motions again for me to go. I feel very uncomfortable, but walk across the street. I can feel his eyes on me. Then he yells out his window. "A girl, your going to have a girl. There's a girl in there." If I had my mace I would have yelled back, "actually, it's a boy." But I didn't have my mace, so I continued to walk. About 6 blocks- some teenagers stop in a beater car and ask if I could help them, they are a little bit lost. He wants directions to Central High. I begin to answer, and he pulls out a horn and blows it in my face. Again, I wish I had my mace. But again I didn't, so I just laughed. Oh and i have 4 cavities. What the hay??