Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Unexpected Workout

Keep in mind that Jadyn is only 3. Me and the kids are playing outside in the driveway, as we do a lot. Maddux starts to act a little tired, so I asked them if they wanted to go on a bike or stroller ride. Which usually puts Maddux right to sleep. Jadyn says she wants to, but she wants to ride her own bike by me instead of riding in the trailer. She has never ridden her bike besides in the drive-way. I decide to let her give it a try. So I put Maddux in the stroller and walk along beside her to help her. She is doing great. Pedaling faster than I can walk. I was really surprised. We made it all the way to the park about a 1/2 mile from our house. She decides instead of playing on the slides with Maddux, she will just ride her bike all around the basketball court. I let them play for about an hour. Then we head home and right away she is struggling. About 1/2 block and she is crying, saying mom my legs are burning, mom my legs are on fire. At first I thought it was kind of funny and I started pulling her. But we were still a long way from home. I had to pull her bike and push the stroller at the same time. It was really hard! Pretty soon my butt and legs were on fire. I had to force her to pedal some. And she would cry as she pedaled to the stop sign. I had already been to the gym and I was dying. I would have called Pat to come get us, but I forgot my phone. It was horrible. We finally made it home and I put her on the couch rubbed her legs and told her she was Amazing! She said I think my legs are going to break apart.

P.S. Do you like the blanket and pillow I made for the baby? It's really soft. Jadyn and Maddux covet it.