Sunday, July 19, 2009

Is the joke on me?

We have been doing the grocery game. It's where you cut coupons and buy bulk of sale items on a list. So far we are no good at it. I'm a little skeptical on whether it is saving us money or not. This week Pat did the shopping. I am looking at the chocolate milk he purchased, and tell him he needs to be careful about some of the things on the list. For example maybe Tide laundry soap is on sale but buying the Sams Club brand is still a lot cheaper. So I'm telling him I think it would be cheaper if we just bought milk and he made his own chocolate milk. And he says, "Ya but this is like the real stuff, like real cow milk, from a brown cow." My reply is, "What? A brown cow? They just mix chocolate into milk same as you do." We argued about it for several min. He was dead serious. I told him I thought I was having a conversation with a 4 year old. He told me to look it up on the Internet.

Does he really believe chocolate milk comes from a cow? Or is he just being dumb? Probably another unsolved mystery that I will never know.