Thursday, December 17, 2009

Simplify your Christmas by embracing the spiritual side of the season.

The gift of Christmas isn't wrapped up in presents or parties. The gift of Christmas is Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten of the Father, the Son of God. As you follow Him, you put people first. You may spend less time in lines and more time serving others. You may spend less money on - and more time with - the people you love. You may lose yourself and you may find everything else that matters.

About a week or so ago we had a pretty big snow storm. Pat had to shovel our drive-way about 3 times. And I kept thinking about some of our old elderly neighbors. And visualized in my mind Mr. Grant out there shoveling his walk. It was making me sad. Finally I couldn't put it out of my mind any longer and told Pat we needed to go over there to see if there drive-way had been shoveled. We did and sure enough it had not been shoveled. We visited with Mrs. Grant and even though it was a little awkward at times it was fun. I think it's important to remember the true meaning of Christmas. I am sure having a heck of a time trying to teach my daughter that its more than just Santa. The message above I found on lds.org and felt that any one who reads can benefit.