Thursday, June 17, 2010

Growing old

We dont have cable so the only place I watch tv is at the gym. Today while struggling on the treadmill. I started watching these soccer clips. And they were so sweet. And I started getting this huge urge to kick the ball again. Running down the side line and making a cross, cause thats what I did best. And then I started having flashbacks of track and my heart pumping in the blocks. And then of the feeling of winning state in the 4 by 1 and I was hugging Naomi in my mind and our coach was yelling "you beat the school record!" I got myself so worked up in my head, that I decided to push the speed button on my treadmill. I got going pretty fast. And I tried to slow down and I couldn't. And I almost fell off the treadmill and looked pretty stupid. Moral of my story is don't daydream about the glory days at the gym, do it somewhere private and save yourself the embarrasement or better yet leave the glory days in the past.

And Pat really did grow one year older last week. He wanted brownies instead of cake so thats what we made him. Happy 26 babe. We love you.