Wednesday, December 8, 2010

At The End Of The Day

Sometimes I feel like there are not enough hours in the day. And sometimes I feel like there are way too many hours til bedtime. Today was a day with too many hours. And on days like that I find myself here (blogging) at the end of the day. Because it's somehow self therapy to me. Today is wednesday. I thought it was thursday. I sent Jadyn to school with a show and tell and a library book and peanut butter crunch snacks. Jadyn told me after school that library and show and tell weren't until tomorrow because THURSDAY is library and show and tell day. And today is wednesday. (DUH) So I am frustrated because half the time I literally don't have a clue what day of the week it is. Not only do I not have a clue if it's wed, thur, or fri. I don't have any idea if it is the 8th the 15th or the 21st. And that is how my life is, and I am usually 98% ok with that. But today I was the other 2%, not ok with not knowing what day it is.

We were up at 7. That means we have 5 HOURS to eat breakfast, get dressed, and eat lunch before Jadyn goes to school at 12. That should be plenty of time! Yet 2 min before it's time to leave for school I still have 3 kids in the bathroom fighting over toothpaste. They just seem to be so wrapped up in their own little world, I have a hard time getting them to focus on the rest of life. And after I found out today was wednesday and not thursday. I realized they are soo much like me. And Im starting to wonder if we (me, jadyn, maddux, bodey) if we are ever going to make it through this life. Because it seems like we are doomed. Doomed to make Cucumber bread. Doomed to never really have a clue.