Monday, October 22, 2012

Kansas City Marathon


My sweet husband and the Evans family chased me for 4 hours through tons of traffic and with 7 kids to cheer me on. They deserve an award. 12 weeks of training. I am so happy this is over. And a teeny tiny bit sad.
The trail was my favorite training run.

 Spent alot of time in the last 3 months with my tennis shoes and the road. We have a love/hate relationship.
There was one run that had to be done in rain. It was fun.



Race Day. 

 So thankful for my friend Mary!! She is an amazing person. I dreaded our 4 a.m. trainings, but 10 min. into it she would have me laughing.  Making the runs seem not so bad after all. She was also like an angel on earth the last 2 miles of the marathon. I wouldn't have made it without her.


4:15 was my goal, I got a little ambitious around mile 10 and decided to try and catch the 4:05 pacer. Overall I think that mistake resulted in a worse time. I did not make my goal and came in somewhere around 4:26.



 These are ugly but I am documenting them anyway.

This is a small video of the finish.






26.2 Woohoo!