Friday, August 26, 2011

Hi Blog

Update. I decided to put Jadyn in all day kindergarten after all. She went four days half day, but then I really felt like she was missing out. I was the only parent to choose half day in her class and so she was the only kid to leave at lunch. I decided its time to just rip the band-aid off. And it wasn't bad at all. She left happy today and 6 hours later came home happy. Considering some of the other kindergartners were still bawling in the gym, I felt at peace. She even wanted to walk by herself in. Independence. Bitter and Sweet.


Bodey was really sad when both Jadyn and Maddux were gone today. He is still a little confused with the whole school thing. He kept calling out "Jadyn, where are you?" "Jadyn where are you?" I told him she was at school. And he would yell "NO" and start calling for her again. Sad. Funny.

Maddux loves school I think mostly because of the snack time. When I go to pick him up he usually tells me about the snack first. "We had cupcakes and milk. I got to color a dinosaur but I didn't get to bring him home. We made a mat man. We read a book about possums." Lately he doesn't stop talking. I think it is a 4 year old stage I remember Jadyn going through it. Cute and annoying. 

For the first time in the past 3 months I actually felt like I had a productive day. Productive in the fact that the kitchen counters were cleaned by 11:00 o'clock and there wasn't folded laundry all over the couch all day. It actually got folded and then put away. I didn't referee any fights. School really isn't so bad.