Monday, November 18, 2013

Forgotten Backpacks

Today Jadyn forgot her backpack. Shortly after the bus left I realized I had sent her out the door without it. There it was sitting on the kitchen stool. I changed into some jeans and brushed my teeth then drove to the school. We beat the bus there. Me and Bodey waited inside the school for Jadyn. As we sat there waiting I watched kids file in and out of the lunchroom for breakfast. I sat there thinking how thankful I was to be a stay at home mom. How thankful I was that my kids didn't have to eat breakfast at the school. That I could spend my morning watching them eat something I chose. I gave Jadyn her backpack and as I drove home I thought about all the parents who were already at work and didn't know their child needed them to bring theie forgotten backpack. And I cried a little bit because I was so thankful I could, but mostly because I am just emotional when I am pregnant.