Sunday, March 23, 2014

School Papers and Keeping it Real

Some melt our hearts.

My dad likes to play ball with me.
True Story. Pat and Maddux spend hours playing ball.

I want to be a mom because I want kids. I want to be a mom because it will be fun. I want to be a mom because I love my mom.  I want to be a mom because I want to be nice to my kids. I want to be like my mom.

(this made me feel on top of the world as a parent this day)


And some I'd rather they just not share.
My Chicken attacks me and my brother. I'm sure his kindergarten teacher thinks we are the weirdest family.



I can only hope that Jadyns teacher has read "Heaven is here" and understands why my daughter would draw a picture of a burned woman. "nigh nigh" or you know Nie Nie. 

I recently let Jadyn read this blog. The first night I let her she went back and read the past 2 years, before I made her turn off the computer and go to bed. Sometimes she would laugh and laugh. There were a few posts (mostly about the death of her pets) that she said she couldn't read because they were making her cry. And sometimes she would say "Mom you're embarrassing me!" 

I didn't have much sympathy. I like to be honest and keep it real. Apparently I have handed this trait down to my kids. And I guess that's ok. Here's to keeping it real, whether your 4, 6, 8, or 29.