Monday, January 20, 2014

Influenza

I am dying a slow and painful death in my own home. . . The influenza made our way through our house. It started with Jadyn who rested and recovered. Then Maddux and Bodey who seem to be on the uphill. Then myself... unlike my children however I don't get the luxury of being taken care of. I still get to take care of them, and for this I always stay sicker than everyone else. It's now been a week and I still feel quite awful. On this lovely Martin Luther King Jr  Day, Jadyn hasn't gotten out of her pajamas. My kids have watched TV for a great deal of the day and fought for the other part. And I have laid on the floor and given my best shot at resting. And caught up on blogging.  But I know I can't handle another day of tv watching and chip eating. Because as a mother that is almost more painful than coughing up my lungs for 2 more weeks.