Sunday, March 9, 2014

Meet Fern

Remember when Jadyn was sad after she found out Yellowy died? Remember how I promised her a real pet? As soon as I said those words I wanted to eat them back up..... But a promise is a promise. So meet Fern.





I searched google over and over for a pet that would work for our family. Me and Pat are pretty picky and really don't want or have time for a pet. Sadly all 3 of my kids really really love animals. This budgie parakeet was the best match I could find. 
He's a baby. He will hop onto your finger when you put your finger to his chest. He will also shake your finger. 










He requires alot of attention. Which is good because I know he will get it. Wow he is one loved little budgie. Really hoping he stays alive for a few years!


Among other pet news. Bodey found a stray cat. A super tame stray cat? I'm not sure on his whole story. I mean he was digging through our garbage and eating old chicken food. Which made me think no one is feeding him. But on the other hand he is really nice, which strays are usually not that tame. He lets Bodey carry him all over and snuggle his head on him like he's a pillow.  He named him Meowy.  And I love that Bodey loves him, but that he's not ours.  I can put him back outside and I don't have to clean up his poop! What a win win situation.